CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 2, 2010

We are camped tonight at Spence's Bridge in British Colombia about 300 miles South of Prince George. We rode about 330 miles today. We wanted to ride 400 but we got delayed over an hour by an accident. Two motorcycles collided with a pickup. Not sure of the details. A helicopter was parked in the road. It happened about one hour before we arrived on the scene with traffic backed up. We finally got let through and two bikes were still laying in the road pretty mangled. Caused me to ride the rest of the day extra cautious. We got delayed about one hour while we were getting some lunch. The restaurant was really slow. I grumbled a bit about it, but if we hadn't we probably would have been there right when the wreck happened and we might have been in it. I think God was working that one out. I will find out for sure when I get to heaven. Glen lost one of his bags off the back of his bike today. Bungee cords!! I was riding behind and thought he had run over a tire fragment. I thought to myself, Glen needs to watch where he is going. It isn't good to ride over those tire recaps, you could get in a wreck. Then I thought, maybe that came off the back of his bike. I signaled for him to stop and sure enough he lost a bag. He might have been kind of cold if we hadn't found it. We came to this camp sight and there were literally hundreds of motorcycles. There was a big off road motorcycle rally. There was a camp sight left for us and now we have crazy motorcycle riders all around us. Even got hamburgers for dinner at their barbecue. Great weather today. Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

0 comments: