CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21, 2010

Well, I am getting close to home. I am camped at Chelan, Washington. I will get up and ride to my mom's in Trout Lake, WA and tell her all my stories and adventures and then stay the night with her and leave early and be home by 10am on Friday. Just in time to be a counselor at Willamette Celebration. Rode 350 miles today. In every town I rode through the thermometers at banks etc read anywhere from 95-102 degrees. It was a hot one for sure. But I was grumbling about the cold and rain a week ago so I will be happy. My motorcycle has air conditioning anyway. Lift my face shield up, unzip my riding coat, and put my feet up on my highway pegs so the wind blows up my pant legs and go at least 60 miles an hour and it isn't half bad. The only problem is that bugs go up my pant legs, into my helmet, and into my coat. Isn't too bad unless it happens to be a yellow jacket. I really have to concentrate on my riding when that happens. My riding partner, Glen, left shortly after we got into Washington and headed to Spokane to visit family. It was great having him on the trip with me. Where I am camped tonight there is a little concession stand so instead of my usual freeze dried dinner I splurged on a hot dog, diet coke, and a little paper cup of rainbow sherbet. Life is good. The trip has been a great time of reflection, relaxing, experiencing, and growing but I am very excited about being home and winning the world for Jesus.

0 comments: