CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

Reading Ecclesiastes today. Solomon wrote that book as an old man who had grown quite cynical concerning life. His favorite words in the book are "everything is vanity." I go through times when I get to feeling the same way. What starts it for me is thinking about all the things in the past that are lost because I can't remember them any longer. Got started down this path recently holding my grandson, Wyatt, in Fairbanks, praying for him. I thought, I won't remember this even happening and you won't remember this as you grow older. If I won't remember and you won't remember, it is like it didn't even happen so why even do it? I have been making myself quite melancholy the last couple of days even with fishing thinking about all the life that I have lived that I can't remember anymore. The word that came to mind was "vanity, everything is vanity." Then this morning I read 1 Corinthians 15:58: "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord. Someday when I get to heaven it will all be given back to me. I am not sure how exactly but I am sure it will happen. Everything I do matters. I will keep praying for my grandkids, kids, and other people. I will keep serving the Lord. God is faithful.

0 comments: