CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 4

Went to church this morning at a little Baptist church outside Prince George. We decided that if we saw a church between 10 and 11am as we rode we would go. About 40 people; really had a good time. Felt a little consipicuous because everybody was dressed nice and Glen and I came in with our motorcycle clothes on. Generated alot of conversation. Rained all afternoon super hard and super cold. Lady at a store we stopped at said whe thought it was going to snow. I was froze to my inner organs!
Saw a bear and a moose today. Lots of bikers and it is fun to talk with them at the gas stations and viewpoints. One guy was from Missouri. We all whined about the weather. At one of the viewpoints I took my helmet off and set it on the back of the bike while I took some pictures and talked. There were a bunch of little gnats flying around and they got into my helmet. After I put it on and started riding they started biting me. I about ran off the road trying to scratch them. Awful experience. That happened to me on my ride last year, in Mississippi I think. I think I will spray the inside of my helmet.
Tried to spit today with my face shield down. Real messy. Gotta remember to put that thing up when I get the urge to spit.
Glen installed his windshield on his bike too high so he has to look through it instead of over the top like I do. No problem when it isn't raining but once it started raining hard he couldn't see. So I rode in the front and he followed my tail light. Lots of excitement for one day.

0 comments: