CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 19, 2010

July 18, 2010

This is Sunday the 18th but I am sending it a day late because there has been no cell service all day. We took a different route today for a little variety. It is called the Cassiar hwy. So far it has been and absolutely terrible road. Miles of gravel and lots of road construction which I hate on my motorcycle. In one section the pilot car was going way faster than we wanted to ride so we got left way behind. Pretty soon he came back from another direction. Everybody honked at us. Then I see this construction truck behind me and he was like an inch from my bumper. I managed to get to the side of the road in the deep gravel without dumping my bike. A near death experience for sure. I kept yelling at the top of my voice, "help me Jesus!" Works good.
We saw a black bear today that had twin cubs. They weren't as big as my dog Russel. They were really cute. Momma bear hustled them off before I could get a picture. We rode 466 miles today. All very hard ones. Trying to make it home by the 22nd so I can be there for Willamette Celebration!!
We are presently trying to build a fire at our camp sight with some quaking aspen wood that is wet. I blew on the fire trying to get it to go until I was ready to pass out and then Glen took over. He got it to go. He must be more windy than I am. Sitting here next to the fire thanking God for my fun life. Doing lots of sermons in my head as I ride. Riding a bike is a great place to think and create.

0 comments: