CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 19, 2010

Wow. We rode 521 miles today. A personal best, I think. We are staying in Vanderhoof, British Columbia tonight. One hour west of Prince George. Very nice weather all day today. We rode along the Cassiar Mountain Range all morning. 200 miles of snow covered mountains and we were right at the base of them riding along. I kept singing, "Our God is an awesome God" all morning. I sound pretty good inside my helmet to myself!! As I was looking at the incredible beauty I became so impressed with God's power and wisdom and creativity. I thought these huge mountains are made with billions of atoms that have neutrons and protons and electrons that are moving like little solar systems. All that huge mass of stone was alive with motion and energy and Colossians says that Jesus is holding it all together. As I was pondering that along with the fireweed and the spruce and the aspens and bears and moose, I thought, "who am I?" Here I am a living, self aware being amongst all this along with stars and galaxies. Does God really see me? Does he really care for me? If He can do all this He can certainly keep track of me! He loves me more than I can comprehend. He knows my deepest thoughts and feelings. His thoughts are more numerous towards me than the sand. I wonder what I will be like in 100 years? What will I be doing? Almighty God is my creator, my Father, my Savior, and I am going to live forever with Him. So enjoyable to spend hours just thinking about God and who He is. Boy life is fun.

0 comments: