CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 5, 2010

Whooeeeee!!! Woke up this morning to blue skies. Thank you Jesus!! Stayed last night at Pink Mountain Campground. Real manly place. Lots of RVs that are here for the summer with guys and families that are working on the road. The Alaskan highway constantly takes upkeep. The locals here got quite a kick out of me. The sign in the shower said it took one Looney for 5 minutes of hot water. A Looney is a Canadian dollar. You probably knew that but I didn't. I did finally get a nice hot shower.
We rode almost 4oo miles yesterday and got into camp at 9:30 and boy am I dragging this morning. Riding about 350 today and we will be staying at Laird Hot Springs. Supposed to be real nice. I have been missing my hot tub! Probably will be in more road construction today. Hope we don't get in at 9pm again, but I am not grumbling or whining! Hope to see more wildlife today.
Yesterday Glen was trying to put his rubber boots on over his shoes and while he was standing on one foot he lost his balance and fell over on his bike and knocked it over. Bent the brake handle. Took both of us to lift it back up. I am still getting to know Glen so I am kind of feeling him out to see how much ribbing I can give him about that one.
We are having a great time in spite of the weather. Challenges and near death experiences are what make life fun. Hope you all have some fun today.
...OK I guess the gloves come off. Glen has been razzing me about the fact that I said it was 350 miles to Pink Mountain and it turned out to be 390 miles. 10% error he said. Ex-engineer types.
I may be in trouble today. I put my gloves in the dryer to dry out and they shrank. Hopefully they will stretch back out before I lose all feeling in my hands wearing them. Oh the trials of a biker dude!

0 comments: