CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 20, 2010

July 20th, Tuesday. We rode 383 miles today. Very hot. Nice for a change. We are camped at Spenses Bridge in British Columbia. We will cross into Washington tomorrow and then home. Yippee!! I had a very challenging day. I have two large aluminum boxes on the side of my motorcycle that I put all my camping stuff in. They are water tight and they lock so I can put stuff like my laptop computer in them and not worry about it getting stolen. This morning as I was packing up my bike I locked my keys in one of the boxes. The key for my bike was in there as well as the key that opened up the lock. I walked around the campground asking to see if anybody had a big hammer and a big screw driver. I had some in my tool box but it was locked up. I finally found somebody who did and I managed to beat the hinge loose that was held on with rivets. Now I hold the lid shut with a bungee cord. Later that day the bungee cord that I use to hold my duffel bag on the passenger seat snapped me in the back of the head. I looked in my rear view mirror and I could see Glen motioning me to pull over. One of the 3/8 inch bolts that hold the aluminum boxes on my bike had broken and the right box was hanging out in space barely hanging on. I brought some nylon cord along and I used that to tie the box back on. I will fix that when I get home along with the latch.

0 comments: