CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

First Day Out

First day on the road to Alaska is over. Camping at Lake Chelan in Northern Washington-very beautiful. I rode 448 miles today. Rained over the Cascades and once I started north on hwy 97 the wind blew terribly hard. Felt like I was riding a horse instead of a motorcycle. Met up with my riding partner here at camp. Glen Douglas. He is 58, almost as old as I am but with way more hair. Married to Mary with three daughters; the youngest is in High School. Glen was an engineer for years and became an associate pastor near San Francisco where he stayed for 11 years. He started a church from scratch 5 years ago in Port Angeles, WA. I thought it might be wise to have someone go with me on this trip. I prayed about who for several months. Glen is in one of my pastor accountability groups. He expressed interest when he heard about it and so here we are riding motorcycles together to Alaska. I believe we will have a very good time.

0 comments: