CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15, 2010

Today is my last day of fishing in the Kenai River for sockeye salmon. 5 days, 3 fish a day limit, equals 15 fish. Not bad for an old guy. Had to work hard for them. My friend Chik Fisher whose cabin I am staying in is going to can the fish and bring them to me when he drives back to Oregon at the end of summer. He is also going to bring back my caribou full head mount as well. That is a major blessing because the cost to ship it was $800.
Fishing on the Kenai is always fun and I have met and visited with people from all over the world. Last night I stood next to a guy and his son who were from Florida. They didn't have a clue how to fish so it was fun teaching them how. Even gave them a bunch of my fishing gear. The son who was about 20 kept calling me "sir." I liked him. I think he thought I was the world's best fisherman. I really liked him alot.
My pastor friend Glen and I are meeting up at 7:00am tomorrow and heading home. Long day planned for tomorrow with over 500 miles. We hope to camp at Tok, Alaska tomorrow night. Have been seeing moose every morning and evening as we drive to the river. They just stand there and eat as we stop and look at them. Saw a momma and 2 little calves this morning. They sure are big animals.

0 comments: