CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 17, 2010

Rode 420 miles today. Lots of road construction and lots of bad road caused from the perma frost heaving the road up. As I said in a previous entry, it is like a bunch of speed bumps and ditches one after the other. My rear end feels like I have been spanked with a 2x4. We are camped at Whitehorse, Yukon tonight. Weather was wonderful all day. A number of times I would point to the sky and yell, "Thank you Jesus!" I couldn't help myself. I keep my water bottle up on my handle bars behind the windshield. Nice little pocket for it to set in. Whenever we stop it is real handy to grab and get a drink from. I drank all the water out of it today. Once I got going again there wasn't enough weight with the water gone to hold it down and the wind blew it out. As it flew out I grabbed it instinctively, WITH BOTH HANDS!!! The bike just went along fine. I didn't know I could ride it with no hands. If I had known that earlier it would have saved alot of hassle trying to get my glove back on after I picked my nose. Boy today was really a tough one on my rear end. Some biker dudes say they have developed an iron butt. Mine is still soft and tender. I try and sit for awhile on only my right cheek and then the left. I do that by sliding as far one way as I can and not fall off the motorcycle, and then the other way. I lean way forward and then lean way back. I even stood on my floorboards for a bit. That is a trick. I was so hungry when we got into camp at 8 tonight that I ate 2 of my freeze dried dinners.

0 comments: