CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 9, 2010

July 8, 2010

Made it to Fairbanks today at noon. Been hugging and playing with Alexa and Wyatt my two grandchildren all day. My daughter Shelly too. Having a very nice time. Weather is about 80 degrees and super nice. On the ride here this morning we stopped and took pictures of Mt McKinley or Denali and the mountains all around it. All snow covered and beautiful. We could see them very well which I guess is rare. Talked to a biker who hit a moose and he had broken his leg bad and could hardly walk anymore so we watch very carefully for moose on the road. Had one run across the road right in front of us this morning. They are huge. I wouldn't want to hit one. Shelly fixed sockeye salmon, broccoli, and potatoes for dinner. Way better than freeze dried dinners we have been eating. She even washed our dirty clothes. I didn't have much because I have been wearing the same clothes the last 8 days. They smelled fine to me, but I noticed that the cars that got up behind me would drop way back or pass me and give me a dirty look. I am going to hang out here all day tomorrow and let Shelly spoil me and take off on Saturday morning for the Kenai River.

0 comments: