CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 10, 2010

Rode from Fairbanks to Soldotna today. 572 miles. Most I have ridden in one day. Don't want to do that too many times. Rained most of the way and was 50 degrees with the wind blowing hard. I was frozen through and through. I would stop at pull outs and put my hands near the engine to warm them up. A couple of times I got too close. I have the blisters to prove it. I had a minor wreck today. One of the pull outs was gravel and I didn't realize it until my front tire hit it. I was going about 20 and before I knew what was happening the bike was on it's side like a baseball player sliding into second base. Sprained my right wrist, sprained my right ankle and bruised my right buttock. I think I can fix it all with a couple of heavy doses of ibuprofen. Bent a bunch of stuff on my bike and took me awhile to get it straightened out. I will have to finish that project when I get home with some tools. I had a tough time after I left Shelly's. I got super emotional and I couldn't make it go away. I must be getting old. I am staying with a friend named Chick who has a nice cabin. He had the fire rip roaring hot when I got in tonight and I am writing this sitting a few inches from the stove. I stopped and bought my fishing license when I got into town so I am ready to go fishing after a good night's sleep.

0 comments: